The UZIO system allows employers to acquire a compatible check format and print checks for employees using a system generated template. The purpose of this article is to provide details on how to acquire UZIO-compatible check stock, as well as how to access the Check Stub Report you would use to print onto this check-stock to pay your employees.
Where can I acquire UZIO-compatible check stock?
UZIO's recommended check stock details are as follows and can be acquired from Deluxe.
- Product Number – SSLT104-1
- Description – HLSC LSR TOP SLT104-1
How do I procure the UZIO-compatible check stock from Deluxe?
After you search for the aforementioned product number (SSLT104-1), the vendor website will advise you to complete all necessary steps to place an order. The website will provide a side-by-side preview available of all the company information you are entering to allow you to confirm it's entered accurately.
Below are step-by-step instructions to to procure the check stock.
1. Select the link below and the website will advise you to complete all necessary steps required to place an order.
The check stock, QuickBooks checks Product # SSLT104-1 is already selected for purchase.
2. Select the Quantity as required.
3. Select "Part" as 1-Part/Original
4. Click on the “Customize Now” button.
5. Choose the design of your choice and click “Next”.
6. Enter your Bank Account information details and click “Next”.
7. Enter the Company Information you wish to get printed on the check stock. Please note that you must leave the Voucher 1 and Voucher 2 text boxes blank, otherwise, the text entered in these boxes would overlap with the paystub content that will appear on parts 2 and 3.
8. Select a logo of your choice and click “Next”.
9. Select the color of your choice for Company Name and Logo and click “Next”.
10. It is strongly recommended that you must review your check stock configuration before placing an order to ensure it meets your company requirements and is as per the above suggested guidelines.
Can I use any other check stock for printing checks?
UZIO only certifies the usage of “QuickBooks check stock Product # SSLT104-1” sold from Deluxe to ensure compatibility with UZIO's check stub .PDF report. It may be possible to leverage your own check stock, however, UZIO cannot claim compatibility or provide support for other check stock being used with our check stub .PDF. In these cases, UZIO will not be responsible if your check is rejected by the bank on account of printing inaccuracies.
The recommended check stock has provisions for two vouchers. Does that mean my checks will have two pay stubs?
No. UZIO’s printable check stub will have only one pay stub below the check part, and the same will be printed on the check stock.
I own multiple companies and I process my payroll through UZIO. Do I need to purchase multiple sets of check stocks?
If you use a single bank account to pay checks for multiple companies, then you should be able to create one set of check stock for every company that shares the same bank account
However, if you make your check payments from different companies through different banks, YES you need to purchase different one set of check stocks for each bank you uniquely use. While procuring check stocks for different companies, you can choose to have different information set up and printed on the check stock as per your choice.
How do I download my check stub .PDF from Uzio for each payroll?
A report containing all of the printable checks for your company's payroll is made available after payroll is approved. A single .PDF will be generated containing check details for every employee who has set their payment method to “Check” within the context of that payroll.
To download your check stubs from the UZIO portal, navigate to the reports section and find the Payroll Reports section on the submenu. Within here, you will find the “Check Pay Stub” report. Once you select the pay period, you should be able to generate the check stubs for that approved payroll.
Before printing checks for your entire company, we highly suggest that you run a “test print” by only printing a single check/page within the .PDF to ensure that your printer is aligned correctly.