The UZIO system allows employers to print checks for employees and contractors using a system generated template. The purpose of this article is to provide details on how to print checks, as well as how to acquire blank check stock and pre-printed check stock.
- How do I download my check stub .PDF from Uzio for each payroll?
- What is the difference between a blank check stock and the pre-printed check stock?
- Where can I acquire blank check stock?
- Where can I acquire pre-printed check stocks?
- How do I procure the pre-printed check stocks from Deluxe?
- Can I use any other check stock for printing checks?
- The pre-printed check stock SSLT104 has provisions for two vouchers. Does that mean my check stub will have two pay stubs?
- Can I print checks with a signature?
- Do I need a special printer to print checks?
- Do I need a special envelope to mail these checks?
How do I download my check stub .PDF from Uzio for each payroll?
Immediately after approving the payroll, you will be prompted to download the .PDF containing check details of every employee or contractor who has set their payment method to “Check” within the context of that payroll. The UZIO system generates two types of .PDF files. One that can be printed on a blank check stock and one that can be printed on the pre-printed check stock. You can select any of the two options.
In the case you do not wish to print checks immediately after approving the payroll, you can skip the prompt and download the .PDF file later from the Payroll History.
Before printing checks for your entire company, we highly suggest that you run a “test print” by only printing a single check/page within the .PDF to ensure that your printer is aligned correctly.
What is the difference between a blank check stock and the pre-printed check stock?
A blank check stock, as the name suggests, is completely blank. The .PDF file downloaded from UZIO for the blank check stock will have all the check data i.e., bank details, employee/contractor details, check amount, and the MICR line containing check number, routing number, and account number, which will then be printed on the blank check stock.
Pre-printed check stock will have bank details and the MICR line pre-printed on it. The .PDF file downloaded from UZIO for the compatible check stock will have employee/contractor details and check amount which will be then printed on the pre-printed check stock.
Where can I acquire blank check stock?
You can acquire blank check stock from any vendor. However, you must ensure
- They come in Letter size which is 8.5” x 11”
- The check is at the top of the stock.
You can find a top blank check stock on Deluxe
Where can I acquire pre-printed check stock?
Pre-printed check stock details are as follows and can be acquired from Deluxe.
- Product Number – SSLT104
- Product Number – SSNL208
How do I procure the pre-printed check stock from Deluxe?
After you search for the aforementioned product number (SSLT104 or SSLN208), the vendor website will advise you to complete all necessary steps to place an order. The website will provide a side-by-side preview available of all the company information you are entering to allow you to confirm it is entered accurately.
Below are step-by-step instructions to procure the check stock.
- Select the link below and the website will advise you to complete all necessary steps required to place an order.
- The check stock, QuickBooks checks Product # SSNL208 is already selected for purchase.
- Select the Quantity as required.
- Select "Part" as 1-Part/Original
- Click on the “Personalize Now” button.
- Choose the design of your choice and click “Next Step”.
- Enter your Bank Account information details and click “Next Step”.
- Enter the Company Information you wish to get printed on the check stock.
- Select a logo of your choice and click “Next”.
- Select the color of your choice for Company Name and Logo and click “Next Step”.
- Similarly, you can purchase check stock product number SSLT104 from the below link
- However, while entering company information in step 7 please note that you must leave the Voucher 2 text box blank, otherwise the text entered in this box would overlap with the paystub content that will appear on part 3.
- It is strongly recommended that you must review your check stock configuration before placing an order to ensure it meets your company requirements and is as per the above suggested guidelines.
Can I use any other pre-printed check stock for printing checks?
UZIO only certifies the usage of “QuickBooks check stock Product # SSLT104 and SSNL208" sold from Deluxe to ensure compatibility with UZIO's check stub .PDF report. It may be possible to leverage your own check stock, however, UZIO cannot claim compatibility or provide support for other check stock being used with our check stub .PDF. In these cases, UZIO will not be responsible if your check is rejected by the bank due to printing inaccuracies.
The pre-printed check stock SSLT104 has provisions for two vouchers. Does that mean my checks will have two pay stubs?
No. UZIO’s printable check stub will have only one pay stub below the check part, and the same will be printed on the check stock.
I own multiple companies and I process my payroll through UZIO. Do I need to purchase multiple sets of check stocks?
If you use a single bank account to pay checks for multiple companies, then you should be able to create one set of check stock for every company that shares the same bank account
However, if you make your check payments from different companies through different banks, YES you will need to purchase a different set of check stocks for each bank you uniquely use. While procuring check stocks for different companies, you can choose to have different information set up and printed on the check stock as per your choice.
Can I print checks with a signature?
Yes. To print checks with a signature, you will need to save the check signatory’s signature in the UZIO system. To do that
- Go to Check Signatory under Payroll > Payroll Setup
- Enter the check signatory’s name and job title. A check signatory is someone, usually an executive or Head of Finance, who is designated to sign check stubs of employees and contractors.
- Add Signature by either drawing a signature on the canvas or uploading an image of the signature.
Note: If you are uploading an image of the signature, it is recommended to use an image whose dimensions are not more than the signature canvas. This would ensure that the signature is printed correctly on the check stubs.
Do I need a special printer to print checks?
You can use a standard laser printer, with or without the MICR toner to print checks on pre-printed check stock.
However, to print checks on blank check stocks, to be sure that you are meeting ANSI standards, it's best to use MICR toner in a MICR printer.
Do I need a special envelope to mail these checks?
You can use any standard double window envelope with measurements 3 7/8"H x 8 7/8"L.