The UZIO system allows employers to print checks for employees using a system generated template. The purpose of this article is to provide details on how to print checks, as well as how to acquire check stocks.
- How do I download my check stub PDF from Uzio for each payroll?
- What is the difference between a blank check stock and the UZIO recommended check stock?
- Where can I acquire blank check stock?
- Where can I acquire UZIO recommended check stock?
- How do I procure the UZIO recommended check stock from Deluxe?
- Can I use any other check stock for printing checks?
- The UZIO recommended check stock has provisions for two vouchers. Does that mean my check stub will have two pay stubs?
- Do I need a special printer to print checks?
How do I download my check stub .PDF from Uzio for each payroll?
Immediately after approving the payroll, you will be prompted to download the .PDF containing check details of every employee who has set their payment method to “Check.” The UZIO system generates two types of .PDF files. One that can be printed on a blank check stock and one that can be printed on the UZIO recommended check stock. You can select any of the two options.
In the case you do not wish to print checks immediately after approving the payroll, you can skip the prompt and download the .PDF file later from the Payroll History.
Before printing checks for your entire company, we highly suggest that you run a “test print” by only printing a single check/page within the .PDF to ensure that your printer is aligned correctly.
What is the difference between a blank check stock and the UZIO recommended check stock?
A blank check stock, as the name suggests, is completely blank. The .PDF file downloaded from UZIO for the blank check stock will have all the check data i.e., bank details, employee details, check amount, and the MICR line containing check number, routing number, and account number, which will then be printed on the blank check stock.
UZIO recommended check stock will have bank details and the MICR line pre-printed on it. The .PDF file downloaded from UZIO for the compatible check stock will have employee details and check amount which will be then printed on the UZIO recommended check stock.
Where can I acquire blank check stock?
You can acquire blank check stock from any vendor. However, you must ensure
- They come in Letter size which is 8.5” x 11”
- The check is at the top of the stock and is at least 3.5” long.
You can find a top blank check stock on Deluxe
Where can I acquire UZIO recommended check stock?
UZIO's recommended check stock details are as follows and can be acquired from Deluxe.
- Product Number – SSLT104-1
- Description – HLSC LSR TOP SLT104-1
How do I procure the UZIO recommended check stock from Deluxe?
After you search for the aforementioned product number (SSLT104-1), the vendor website will advise you to complete all necessary steps to place an order. The website will provide a side-by-side preview available of all the company information you are entering to allow you to confirm it is entered accurately.
Below are step-by-step instructions to procure the check stock.
- Click the link https://www.deluxe.com/shopdeluxe/pd/deluxe-high-security-laser-top-check/_/A-SSLT104 and the website will advise you to complete all necessary steps required to place an order.
- The check stock, QuickBooks checks Product # SSLT104-1 is already selected for purchase.
- Select the Quantity as required.
- Select "Part" as 1-Part/Original
- Click on the “Customize Now” button.
- Choose the design of your choice and click “Next”.
- Enter your Bank Account information details and click “Next”.
- Enter the Company Information you wish to get printed on the check stock. Please note that you must leave the Voucher 1 and Voucher 2 text boxes blank, otherwise, the text entered in these boxes would overlap with the paystub content that will appear on parts 2 and 3.
- Select a logo of your choice and click “Next”.
- Select the color of your choice for Company Name and Logo and click “Next”.
- It is strongly recommended that you review your check stock configuration before placing an order to ensure it meets your company requirements and is per the above suggested guidelines.
Can I use any other pre-printed check stock for printing checks?
UZIO only certifies the usage of “QuickBooks check stock Product # SSLT104-1” sold from Deluxe to ensure compatibility with UZIO's check stub .PDF report. It may be possible to leverage your own check stock, however, UZIO cannot claim compatibility or provide support for other check stock being used with our check stub .PDF. In these cases, UZIO will not be responsible if your check is rejected by the bank due to printing inaccuracies.
The UZIO recommended check stock has provisions for two vouchers. Does that mean my checks will have two pay stubs?
No. UZIO’s printable check stub will have only one pay stub below the check part, and the same will be printed on the check stock.
Do I need to purchase multiple sets of check stocks for multiple companies?
If you use a single bank account to pay checks for multiple companies, then you should be able to create one set of check stock for every company that shares the same bank account
However, if you make your check payments from different companies through different banks, YES you will need to purchase a different set of check stocks for each bank you uniquely use. While procuring check stocks for different companies, you can choose to have different information set up and printed on the check stock as your preference.
Do I need a special printer to print checks?
You can use a standard laser printer, with or without the MICR toner to print checks on UZIO recommended check stock.
However, to print checks on blank check stocks, to be sure that you are meeting ANSI standards, it's best to use MICR toner in a MICR printer