To add a custom employee document, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the ‘Document Library’ page available under Documents in the left Menu bar.
- At the Document Library page, you can see all documents available under each category. Next to the category name you will get an option to add a new document by clicking ‘Add Document.’
While adding the document in the Agreements and Employee Handbooks category you will get pre-filled templates that you can customize as per your requirements.
Once you click on Add Document against the Custom or your defined category.
From there, two options are available for you:
- Upload Only: Make the document available for employee acknowledgment only. The system will add a requirement for the employee to sign and acknowledge that they have read the document before proceeding.
- Configure and Upload: This allows you to add documents which you can then configure with signature fields and text fields. These text fields can either be pre-populated with employee information or be entered in by the employee when assigned.
- If selecting "Configure and Upload,” employers will be prompted to enter a document name, description, want to share documents with subsidiaries, and whether or not the employer also needs to fill out sections of this document, and upload a copy of their document (file must be in PDF format).
- Note: If selecting to have the employer fill out the document also, the system will automatically assign the document back to the employer once the employee has completed their part.
4. The following are options to enter onto the custom document for the employee, employer, or the system to fill in. For each text box added, the "Assigned To" drop-down allows the below options:
- Employee: A text box added for an employee to fill in will present them with a blank box to enter when assigned. This box can be marked as a mandatory or optional field.
- Employer: This text box will be for the employer after the employee has completed their part. (This option will only appear if the document was marked for employer users to also sign on the previous page)
- Sender: The system will be responsible for entering this value. When the Sender is selected, another box will become visible below that says "What text goes here?" This drop-down will have basic census fields that can be selected for the system to enter (Example: Employee Full Name, Employee Address Line 1, Employee Social Security Number, etc.).
- Me (now): If this option is selected, then the user who is adding this field will need to enter a value. That value will be hard-coded into the document and cannot be changed when assigned to an employee.
- Once all tags have been added, click Continue at the top to save the form. The document will now appear under the ‘Category’ in which you have added it at the ‘Document Library’ page where it can be assigned to employees.