This article will explain how you can add new time off policies for your company. Once all of your time off policies have been set up, they can be assigned to employees.
Configuring the Basic Details:
- Navigate to the ‘Time Off’ module
- Under ‘Actions’ select ‘Add Policy’.
- Enter policy name.
- Choose whether it is paid or unpaid.
- Choose policy effective and expiration date (if applicable).
Configuring Accrual Schedules:
- Choose how often you would like to add time to the employees’ accounts.
- Choose how much time per accrual period each employee should receive. This can be entered as days or hours in the drop-down.
- Select a waiting period, maximum balance, and carry-over amount if applicable.
- Waiting period can be used to determine how long an employee will need to be employed with the company before this accrual schedule will apply to them. For example, if the policy is to provide employees with a specific balance after working 2 years, "On the __ anniversary" can be selected along with 2 in the year(s) box.
- Maximum balance refers to the maximum amount of days/hours an employee can accrue while in a specific accrual schedule.
- Carry over refers to the amount of days/hours an employee can carry over after the balance resets.
You can also add more accrual schedules in the case that you want to add different amounts of time off based on how long employees have been working at the company.
- Proration Rule: Choose whether or not you want the plan to be prorated.
- Prorated - Employee begins accruing time off immediately based on how long they have remaining in the current accrual period.
- Non-prorated - Employee begins accruing time off at the start of the next accrual period.