Here are the latest product enhancements UZIO has introduced during September, 2019:
Benefits Administration Enhancements
Support for Pay Frequencies Outside of Monthly, Semi-Monthly, Bi-Weekly, and Weekly
We have learned that some employers have very specific rules for how employee benefit premiums are deducted. In some cases, employee premiums are only deducted 48 weeks when their pay frequency is weekly, or 24 weeks when they are paid bi-weekly. UZIO now supports displaying premiums to employees for these scenarios. If you are a group who has this requirement, please contact UZIO or your broker directly to have this setup.
Premium HR Functionality Enhancements
View Pending and Completed Employee Tasks
In the Hire and On-boarding module, we have added a new page where employer users can view the assigned and completed on-boarding tasks for their employees.
Once you click on View Assigned tasks, you will be brought to a new page where you can navigate back and forth between the pending tasks and the completed tasks. You can view who the tasks are assigned to, the due dates, and which new employees the tasks are for.
Submit Approved PTO Days on Behalf of an Employee
In this release, we have provided the ability for employer users to submit time off requests for employees. When this is done, the approval process will be skipped, and the request will be automatically approved. If you navigate to an employee’s profile, select the Time Off section, there is a new option that says, “Request Time Off”:
Now, you can enter the date range for the days that have already been approved:
Note: There is a message at the bottom of the page that will make employers aware that the request will automatically be approved. If the policy is setup where the employee's reporting manager approves time off requests, then a check box will appear asking if the reporting manager needs to approve. If this box is checked, the request will pend with the reporting manager. If the box is unchecked, then the request will automatically become approved.
Edit and Delete Custom Email Templates
In the Employee Communication module, we have introduced a new way for employers to edit their custom email templates in case they change over time. Or, if you want to introduce a new template altogether, you are now able to delete templates if needed.
To edit email templates, enter the communications module, then select Create and Edit Templates.
Now, you can create a new template, or click the actions icon next to a template that is already setup and make edits to it. We also allow you to delete an email template if you no longer need it.
- System enhancements to increase the performance of the platform.
- Short-Term Disability Product: Option to calculate rates based on an employee’s monthly payroll amount instead of weekly benefit amount.
- Ability for employer admin and employees to cancel approved leaves. If a PTO request has been approved and needs to be retracted, either the employer admin or employee can now cancel a request.
- Compensation Statement: Target Bonus and Target Commission fields can now be deselected if you do not want the values from the employee profile to automatically populate in the compensation statement.
- Life Status Change Management: Dependent Ineligible Due to Age can now be filed with a future effective date.
- Benefit Change Report: We have added a new column for Requested Coverage Amount. Now, for benefits that have a coverage amount requested by the employee, UZIO will display the coverage amount elected by the employee in this report along with their guaranteed issue amount.