Please review the sections below for insight into the enhancements that have been introduced in the Uzio portal in May 2019.
Please note: We are always enhancing our Premium functionality in order to increase employer satisfaction and help you sell the functionality to your clients. In case you are interested in reviewing the latest updates that impact your Employer partners on the Uzio platform, there is a separate post that details product enhancements for Employer users as well!
Configurations and enhancements for Life/Disability plans
1) New configurations have been introduced for managing Salary Changes for Voluntary Life and Disability Plans. These options were previously only available for Employer-paid Life and Disability plans:
When creating the proposal, the Broker will be able to define the configuration for employee-paid products similar to how it’s presently done for employer-paid products.
Once defined in the proposal, coverage for employee-paid salary based plans will be automatically updated if the configuration is set to “1st of the month following salary change.”. If the configuration is “Plan Anniversary” though, salary changes in the census will not affect the coverage and the coverage will work off of the employee’s frozen salary captured at the time of sharing the benefits package.
2) A new Step Increase configuration has been introduced for Voluntary Life Plans.
Previously, the step increase feature in the Uzio product did not work on a predefined maximum. This meant that employees were able to receive a step increase in their coverage amount regardless of what their current coverage amount is.
We’ve learned since then that how this is handled varies from carrier to carrier. Some carriers may allow a step increase up to the plan’s guaranteed issue amount while others may allow step increases up to the plan maximum coverage amount.
Going forward, a new configuration will be available at the proposal level that will govern whether the step increase will be applicable up to plan GI or plan max. This is available when adding a Voluntary Life plan to a benefits package in the Broker shopping experience:
- If the configuration is set to Yes, the employee’s eligible for a coverage amount equal to their GFC + Step Increase as long as the total doesn’t exceed the plan’s guaranteed issue amount.
- If the configuration is set to No, the employee’s eligible for a coverage amount equal to their GFC + Step Increase as long as the total doesn’t exceed the plan’s maximum coverage amount.
3) The system will now apply the maximum coverage rule before reducing a spouse’s coverage.
Whenever a spouse is applicable for coverage reduction due to age, first the maximum coverage amount for the spouse based on the EE’s coverage would be calculated. Any reduction on spouse’s coverage will now be applied on top of that.
HSA Election - Experience Enhancement
Employees who have elected in a High Deductible Health Plan that can be paired with an HSA can now elect in that HSA year round if they chose not to elect it during their OEP. They can do this directly from the Benefits Dashboard without having to elect an LSC for them to make this election.
Accessing Plan Documents from EE Dashboard
As a part of this release, the employee will be able to access every plan document that was presented to them in the enrollment shopping experience year-round in the Benefits Dashboard.