Please review the sections below for insight into some of the enhancements that have been brought onto the Uzio portal effective April 2019!
Employee Communications - Customizing System Emails:
We have heard feedback from our partners that occasionally around the OEP season, there may be additional steps or personalization required from HR with regards to the messaging that leaves the Uzio system with regards to certain email notifications. As a result, we have provided the ability for the Broker and Employer to customize selected system generated emails by accessing the Communication Module.
- A new tab “System Emails” has been added in the employee communication module.
- Once a particular email is customized, the system will trigger the same whenever the triggering logic is met.
- This content can be figured on a per-employer basis for certain high-traffic email notifications.
Employee Communications - Feature Enhancement:
As a part of our ongoing feature enrichment, a couple of features associated with the Communication Module were identified to be improved on that are mentioned below:
- The ability to associate an alias with the emails sent from the employee communication module that signifies who the email is “from” (without changing the email address).
- The ability to send reminder emails to employees with pending signature in the Assigned Documents tab of Employee Documents module.
Time Off Module - Feature Enrichment:
The time off module has been enhanced to account for the following user experience requests that have been raised by our partners:
- The employer will be able to define whether leaves accrued for new hires will be prorated or not for each policy level.
- The employer will be able to view a list of employees assigned to each time off policy in the user interface, including employees who are not assigned to any policy at all.
- Leave will get accrued for an EE up to two decimal places, and the employee can also apply the accrued leaves up to two decimal places.
Employee Compensation Statement - Feature Enrichment:
The Compensation Statement functionality has been enhanced to allow employers to configure and share multiple types of Compensation Statements that can be custom tailored to different groups of EEs.
Moving forward, the employer will be able to configure different statements for different groups of employees based on things like benefits class, work location, pay type or employment type. Once set up, the employer will be able to preview how will the statement look like to each EE before sharing them with employees to download from their portal.
Ability to set “Event Effective Date” for Life Status Changes/Terminations
Because not all clients have the same rules surrounding the behavior of how benefits end dates should be assigned for Life Status Changes’s/terminations, we have introduced the ability to define the effective dates for LSC events and terminations.
- Going forward, the Broker and Employer will be able to set up different LSC effective date configuration uniquely for each Employer
- Once LSC rules are changed, the system will work on the customized rules for that ER.
- Broker/Employer will have the ability to revert back to exchange defined rules whenever required.
Future Dated Life Status Change Events:
We have received feedback from our partners that there are cases where it would be helpful to be able to input a future-dated LSC in the system immediately instead of needing to wait until the actual event date to log it.
As a result, we have added the ability for the Employer and Employee to a future date the following LSC events 30 days into the future:
- Class Change (BR/ER Only)
- Dependent Loses Other Coverage
- Dependent Gains Other Coverage
- Employee Loses Other Coverage
- Employee Gains Other Coverage
- Employers will be able to use the “act on behalf” feature for employees even if the employer is in a partial live or non-live status.
- The employer will be able to upload partial working hours per week in the Employee census (ex. 38.25) for EE’s. This will have impacts on any salary-based plan’s coverage limits as well.
- Premium subscribers can upload documents that will not be available to Employees.