Please review the sections below for insight into some of the enhancements that have been brought onto the Uzio portal effective April 2019!
Please note: We are always enhancing our Premium functionality in order to increase employer satisfaction and help you sell the functionality to your clients. In case you are interested in reviewing the latest updates that impact your Employer partners on the Uzio platform, there is a separate post that details product enhancements for Employer users as well!
Ability to set “Event Effective Date” for Life Status Changes/Terminations
Because not all clients have the same rules surrounding the behavior of how benefits end dates should be assigned for Life Status Change’s/terminations, we have introduced the ability to define the effective dates for LSC events and terminations.
- Going forward, the Broker and Employer will be able to set up different LSC effective date configuration uniquely for each Employer
- Once LSC rules are changed, the system will work on the customized rules for that ER.
- Broker/Employer will have the ability to revert back to exchange defined rules whenever required.
Future Dated Life Status Change Events:
We have received feedback from our partners that there are cases where it would be helpful to be able to input a future-dated LSC in the system immediately, instead of needing to wait until the actual event date to log it.
As a result, we have added the ability for the Broker, Employer and Employee to future-date the following LSC events 30 days into the future:
- Coverage Maintenance (BR Only)
- Class Change (BR/ER Only)
- Dependent Loses Other Coverage
- Dependent Gains Other Coverage
- Employee Loses Other Coverage
- Employee Gains Other Coverage
As a part of this feature, going forward, an “Enrollment Rollback” will be made available to the Broker. This will allow the Broker to cancel any erroneously-made future effective LSC enrollment records when required from Back Office.
- Previously, Uzio provided the ability to input ancillary benefits rates for age-banded rates through the online user interface. We have recently introduced another method to do this task more efficiently using the Uzio-defined excel template.
- Brokers and Employers will be able to use the “act on behalf” feature for employees irrespective of whether the client is Live, Partial Live, or Not Live.
- The Broker/Employer will be able to upload partial working hours per week in the Employee census (ex. 38.25) for EE’s. This will have impacts on any salary-based plan’s coverage limits as well.