Please note: In case you are interested in reviewing updates that impact your Employer partners on the Uzio platform, there is a separate post that details the product enhancements for Employer users as well!
Enhancements to the management of Carrier PDF’s
For groups that are using carrier enrollment forms feature, we’ve made a variety of enhancements to this functionality:
- The broker can now setup carrier enrollment forms for Dental/Vision carriers. Automatic generation of digitized PDF’s will be transmitted with each employee enrollment.
- During an LSC, a system will generate carrier PDFs only if there is a plan change or dependent change.
- The system will automatically delete previously-generated PDFs and assign new PDFs once employee enrollment is reset or revised.
- New ability for a Broker to view the signature status of all the latest PDFs assigned at a product category level.
- New ability for a Broker to reassign a carrier PDF of specific products again to the Employee after enrollment.
- A Waiver PDF will be generated whenever an employee declines coverage during an LSC.
- In case of automatic updates to employee enrollment or demographic information changes, the system will conditionally notify the employee. If a signature from the employee is available, a new enrollment PDF would be generated using the signature on file. If no signature is available, the employee would be notified to sign the updated PDF.
Employee Profile Change History Report:
The Broker/Employer will have the ability to download an Employee Profile Change History Report that will give the entire audit trail for everything that has been changed on the employee profile. This helps in tracking the employee profile history that changes over a period.
Adding new employees with a future date of hire
The Uzio system has introduced the ability for a broker or employer to onboard a New Hire with a future date of hire. Employees can be added to the system up to 30 days before their start date. Benefits enrollment and most features will not be available to the new hire before their start date, however, the broker and employer can assign documents to them to review and sign off on if required.
Uzio believes in making continuous improvements to help facilitate a broker’s business operations and to make things easier to use for the users. Hence, the following tactical enhancements have been made to the application:
- Life insurance benefits from a different carrier - System has been upgraded with the ability to share Basic Life and Vol. Life plans from different carriers in the same proposal.
- Voluntary Life Guaranteed Issue coverage determination - Employee Voluntary life coverage amount (above or below plan GI) should always be the employee level guaranteed issue amount. If the employee is requesting a higher coverage amount via an LSC, the additional amount should be subjected to EOI.
- Life insurance reduction - Ability for the Broker to set up ancillary plans with a 100% coverage reduction factor.
- Compliance Forms - The 1094-C/1095-C compliance forms has been upgraded with the latest supported IRS forms.
- Employer Custom Fields – Broker/Employer will have the ability to define the type of custom field while adding (e.g., whether it should be a text, numeric, drop-down, date field) along with specifying other details like mandatory/optional, tool-tip, associated header etc.. Any Custom fields that need to be passed in the enrollment set up, you can reach out to Uzio CSR to do this set up for your group.
- EOI Notification – Broker will have the ability to send an email notification to Employers and Employees when an EOI status change is made by them in the portal.
- Edit Package - Broker will have the ability to change the ancillary salary-based configuration from annual to 1st of the month or vice-versa for Employer-paid benefits when editing a package
- Client Management – The Account Manager has the ability to impersonate the Employer clients as the Broker user can.