Uzio has introduced the Payroll Calendar functionality into the application to help show more accurate tax-savings plan deduction amounts for Employers and Employees.
Moving forward, the Employer can set up payroll calendar for different pay frequencies so per-pay period costs for tax saving plans can be calculated. Once a calendar is added for all the required plan years/ pay frequencies, the per pay cost calculation will be calculated after taking cut off dates in the consideration. This will reflect in the Payroll Deduction report.
In addition to the Payroll Calendar functionality, the system is creating a different view of the product Payroll Deduction Report called the “Payroll Indicator Report”. The purpose of this report is to help identify changes that would impact payroll from the last-run date of a paycheck:
- This report will be generated in instances where there are payroll calendars set up for an employers benefit package/payroll frequency.
- This report is a view of the Payroll Deduction report which generates after every cut-off date.
- This report is color-coded to indicate changes in an employees enrollment since the previous cut off date.
In addition, Uzio now provides a product-wise YTD deduction count for each employee as an additional tab in the product-based Payroll Deduction Report. It will show how much deduction should have occurred from the Product Effective Start Date until the latest cutoff date in the payroll calendar, taking retroactive LSC’s into consideration.
Paychex Flex Integration:
Uzio system has been upgraded with a new integration service i.e. “Paychex Flex Integration”. This integration requires one time set up to automatically generate Paychex Flex pre-formatted benefit deduction report for the employer to upload into their Paychex Flex account to run payroll operations.
Employee Profile Change History Report:
The Broker/Employer will have the ability to download an Employee Profile Change History Report that will give the entire audit trail for everything that has been changed on the employee profile. This helps in tracking the employee profile history that changes over a period.
Time Off Module - Feature Enrichment:
The Uzio Time Off module has been enhanced based on user feedback to allow for more complex time-off policies
- A guided workflow will help direct users on the correct order in which to configure Time Off policies for their organization.
- The ability to define working weeks, as well as custom company holiday calendars, has been provided in the application. This will ensure that if employees are taking days off that coincide with working days, they will not be “charged” from their PTO balances for those days.
- The ability to establish Tiered Accrual Schedules within a PTO policy. This allows you to set up more complex Time Off policies as per your companies’ requirements.
- The Employer can set a configuration to decide if their broker can access the Time Off feature or not.
Hire and Onboarding - Feature Enrichment:
The Uzio Hire and Onboarding module has been enhanced to make the User Interface easier for employers to leverage when setting up their hire and onboarding forms:
- The concept of editing onboarding templates offline with tagged variables is removed, as all Offer Letters and Agreement Templates can now be configured on Uzio itself using a rich-text editor. You can copy and paste existing template content into this editor. You can also tag the document with “Smart Fields” that will dynamically pull information from the census as and when you share the documents with each prospect.
- The documents previously contained in the now deprecated “Compliance Documents” module (I-9, W-4, etc.) have been merged into the Onboarding documents portion of this app.
- The Employer can set a configuration to decide if their broker can access the Hire and Onboarding feature or not.
- An in-house signature canvas has been developed for when an employee signs the hiring templates (e.g., offer letter, agreement letter, handbook).
Miscellaneous Premium Features Enrichment:
- Employee Communications - Ability for the broker/employer to include/exclude future hires when sending an email.
- Employee Documents - New fields have been added to the custom documents configure/upload feature.
- Employee Documents - Ability for the employer to sign the custom document after it is signed by the employee.
Adding new employees with a future date of hire:
The Uzio system has introduced the ability for a broker or employer to onboard a New Hire with a future date of hire. Employees can be added to the system up to 30 days before their start date. Benefits enrollment and most features will not be available to the new hire before their start date, however, the broker and employer can assign documents to them to review and sign off on if required.
Configuration introduced to hide the Celebrations Section from EE portal:
We have introduced the ability to turn off the celebration sections from the employee portal in the event there are members of an employees organization that doesn’t celebrate birthdays for personal/religious reasons.
Uzio believes in making continuous improvement to make things easier for our employer users. Hence, the following tactical enhancements have been made to the application:
- Compliance Forms - The 1094-C/1095-C compliance forms has been upgraded with the latest supported IRS forms.
- Custom Fields - Employer will have the ability to define the type of custom field while adding (e.g., whether it should be a text, numeric, drop-down, date field) along with specifying other details like mandatory/optional, tool-tip, associated header etc.
- New HR fields in the census - Some new HR fields have been added in EE census – Bonus, Commission, EEO Job Category, Race/Ethnicity, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status.
- Track additional EE profile details: System will start maintaining the history of additional job-related field changes – Employment Type 1, Working Hours per week, Hourly Rate, Bonus, Commission.