What is Paychex Flex Integration?
Uzio offers an integration* with Paychex to automatically generate payroll deduction extracts for the employer that can be uploaded within Paychex Flex. Once downloaded, the Employer can upload the generated reports into Paychex Flex to automate certain manual payroll operations.
*Disclaimer: Uzio does not have any official partnership with Paychex or any of its entities. Usage of Paychex name on Uzio is for informational purposes and it doesn't constitute any responsibility on Paychex. The benefits deduction report in the Paychex format is just to help our common customers to have ease of use on both platforms.
How does Uzio Paychex Flex Integration work?
To get payroll deduction files in a Paychex Flex format, the user needs to add additional details to setup Paychex configurations within Uzio. Employers can do this set up themselves or have brokers do it on their behalf.
What will I need?
The following information is required to generate a payroll deduction report in Paychex Flex format.
1. Company ID of the group from Paychex Flex. This is mandatory.
2. Employee ID of the employees as tracked in Paychex Flex.
- To associate a Paychex Employee ID with an Employee in Uzio, you need to create a custom field the employee census. This field can be populated using the bulk census upload feature.
- If a Paychex Employee ID is not present for an employee, the payroll deduction report in a Paychex Flex format can still be generated with Employee Name populated instead of the Employee ID.
3. Benefits Deduction Code from Paychex Flex. This is mandatory for at least one benefit. You must provide this for all the benefits offered through Uzio.
- If the Deduction Code is not present for any benefit, the report still be generated. In this case, the Paychex Benefit Deduction Code would instead be auto populated with benefits category title from Uzio.
4. The employer’s payroll calendar, including payroll cutoff and pay dates. Click here to learn more about establishing a payroll calendar on Uzio.
How does the Paychex Flex report get generated?
Paychex Flex report will get automatically generated in the Paychex Flex format by the system as per the defined payroll cutoff dates for each pay frequency.
- The initial (first generated) report of each frequency will contain a full set of employee data, falling into that pay frequency, with all their associated payroll deductions
- After the initial full report, the system will always generate a change-only report as per the cutoff dates provided for each frequency in the employer’s payroll calendar.
To download the report, go to 'View Reports' section after selecting the Paychex Flex Report on the Reports page.
The Employer will get notified by Uzio once the Paychex Flex report is available for download from Uzio, and at this time, the employer user can download and subsequently upload the same report on Paychex Flex.