Agencies hire brokers to help them with the sale of their insurance business. Using this feature, agencies can add and manage brokers and sales reps. Agencies manage brokers and account managers and perform all the tasks that a broker or an account manager can perform (creating a proposal, running reports, etc.)
Follow these steps (as an Agency) to add Brokers:
- Log into the portal.
- Click the Manage Brokers option from the global menu. Manage Brokers page opens.
- Click Add Broker You will see two options (Upload Template, and Enter Manually) for adding brokers.
This option is recommended when you want to add multiple brokers in the system at once.
Follow these steps for adding data using the template:
- Download the template from the portal by clicking the Download link.
- Read Instructions to fill the sheet.
- Add details of brokers in the template. All fields marked with asterisk (*) are mandatory to fill out.
- Save the sheet and upload the file using the Upload button.
Follow these steps to add a broker manually:
- Click Enter Manually
- Enter Personal details of the broker.
- Enter either Broker NPN or Sales Rep ID in the Other Information section.
- Note: As you enter one of the two options (NPN or Sales Rep ID), the other one is disabled.
- Enter the Market Segment Type, and Broker Tax ID (optional). You can select carrier appointments for the broker from the drop-down (optional).
- Enter Contact Information for the broker.
- Click Save button.
A success message confirms that broker has been added.
Click OK and you will see the new broker appearing in the list of brokers.
All the brokers that you have added are listed on the Manage Brokers page.
You can search them using their Name, Email ID, Contact Number, NPN, Sales Rep ID, or by clicking the Back/Next buttons on the screen.
You can perform any of the following actions for the brokers.
- View: Click this action icon to view personal details, Contact information, etc.
- Edit: You can edit personal details or contact information of a broker and save the details.
- Send Registration Link: Send the registration link to the broker if he or she has not yet registered on the platform.
- Submit Password Reset Request: Use this action to submit password reset request for the selected broker.
Note: To deactivate a broker, contact the system administrator.
How to assign clients to brokers?
Follow these steps (as an Agency) to assign clients to brokers:
- Log into the portal.
- Click Clients. Clients page opens.
- Next to each client’s name, there is an icon under actions as Assign to Broker. Once you click on this icon, another page opens which includes a list of brokers.
- There is an action icon next to each broker’s name. Once you click on the icon, the selected employer is assigned to that broker.
Note: If you click on another broker’s Assign icon, the client gets assigned to the new broker, or click Remove icon to Remove the assignment.