Account managers can act on behalf of brokers to perform almost all their tasks. The only thing that account managers cannot do is add other account managers in the system. They can perform client-specific operations that a broker performs, such as creating a proposal, adding classes, running reports, onboarding clients, facilitating enrollments, etc. They can also send emails and receive client-specific notifications. The account managers can perform these actions only for the clients added by them or by the brokers they are associated with.
Using this feature, you can add account managers and associate them with brokers (with an NPN), or with Sales Representatives (with a Sales Rep ID). One account manager can be associated with multiple brokers or sales representatives. If you do not associate an account manager with a broker or Sales Rep., the person gets associated with the agency.
Add Account Managers
Follow these steps (as an Agency) to add account managers:
- Log into the portal.
- Click the Manage Account Managers option from the global menu. Manage Account Managers page opens.
- Click Add Account Managers You will see two options (Upload Template, and Enter Manually) for adding account managers.
This option is recommended when you want to add multiple account managers in the system at once.
Follow these steps for adding data using the template:
- Download the template from the portal by clicking the Download link.
- Read Instructions to fill the sheet.
- Add details of account managers in the template. All fields marked with asterisk (*) are mandatory to fill out.
- Note: If broker NPN is not mentioned in the template, the account manager will be associated with the agency.
- Click Validate Data button to ensure all entries are correct.
- Save the sheet and upload the file using the Upload button.
Follow these steps to add an account manager manually:
- Click Enter Manually
- Enter Personal details of the account manager.
- Enter either Broker NPN or Sales Rep ID in the Associated Broker Information section.
- Note: As you enter one of the two options (NPN or Sales Rep ID), the other one is disabled.
- Enter Contact Information for the account manager.
- Click Save button.
- A success message confirms that account manager has been added.
- Click OK and you will see the new account manager appearing in the list of account managers.
Manage Account Managers
All the account managers that you have added are listed on the Manage Account managers page.
You can search them using their Name, Email ID, Contact Number, or by clicking the Back/Next buttons on the screen.
You can perform any of the following actions for the account managers.
- View: Click this action icon to view personal details, Associated Broker information, and Contact information of an account manager.
Note: You can click the View under Assigned Broker(s) to see the brokers with whom the account manager is associated.
- Edit: You can edit personal details or contact information of an account manager and save the details.
- Delete: You can delete an account manager using this action.
- Send Registration Link: Send the registration link to the account manager if he or she has not yet registered on the platform.
- Submit Password Reset Request: Use this action to submit password reset request for the selected account manager.
- Assign to Broker(s): Use this action to assign an account manager to brokers.
How to assign an Account Manager to a Broker?
Click Assign to Broker(s) action icon for an account manager whom you want to associate with a broker.
Then the following screen appears showing a list of brokers.
Click Assign action icon against the broker whom you want to link to the account manager.
Similarly, you can link the account manager to other brokers and/or Sales Reps.
A success message is displayed after the account manager is assigned to the broker/sales representative.
Note: Once the account manager is assigned to a broker, the Assign icon is disabled and the Remove icon enabled.
Note: If you disassociate an account manager from a broker, he or she will no longer have access to the clients of that broker.
How to disassociate an account manager from a broker?
Click Remove icon next to the selected broker/Sales Rep.
The following message pops up.
Click Yes if you want to disassociate the account manager.