Our final release of 2020 is here. UZIO has introduced new payroll features and enhancements to enhance the payroll processing and reporting functionality. Read about our latest features below:
UZIO Payroll Enhancements
General Ledger File (Intuit Interchangeable Format)
The general ledger is an essential part of the accounting process for an employer. When it comes to recording the payroll journal entries in the general ledger, it can be a complex process. To assist UZIO payroll customers with this accounting process, the UZIO payroll system is now able to generate a general ledger file in a specific format - Intuit Interchangeable Format (IIF), which can be uploaded to the QuickBooks Accounting Software.
UZIO has added a general ledger feature on the Payroll Dashboard menu. Simply click General Ledger to begin the setup process.
General Ledger Setup is a two-step process:
1. File Setup – This section will allow you to choose the file structure of the general ledger you want to generate.
- File Grouping - With or without groups (classes in IIF) based on Work Location States or Departments.
- Accounts Code mapping - Allow the mapping of account codes to Work Location States or Department. Chart of accounts can then be configured for pay type by department or work location.
- Include Contractors - Select whether to include contractors in the GL or not.
2. Chart of Accounts:
Chart of accounts mapping is another step in the general ledger setup. This section will enable credit and debit for every pay type, including earnings, deductions, contributions, taxes, workers’ compensation codes, and net pay.
Mapping account code for different pay types to different departments
Once the setup is complete, after every payroll runs, a GL file can be downloaded from the Payroll reports section.
Custom Payroll Reporting and Templates
UZIO is introducing a custom report tool that can be used to design custom payroll reports. The tool is available under the reports section. Employers can now configure a report template as needed.
- Unlimited Payroll Report Templates – Create any number of report templates to reuse and run in the future.
- Multi-Company Reports - Employers linked to other companies can create one report template and run it for all companies with a common pay date range.
- Configure the Reporting Details: By default, the custom report will have earnings total, deductions total, contributions total, taxes total and net pay. After these values, users can select additional pay components to include in the report.
Preview report template and data- The system will generate a preview of the report with all the components selected. Further options are available that allow users to:
- Select/deselect columns from the report or include additional fields
- Include more filters (on top of mandatory pay date filter)
- Apply custom sorting on any field
- Add groups and sub-groups in the report
- Download the report in CSV or Excel format by clicking on Actions
- Reorganize columns by dragging and dropping them into the required position.
Users can also utilize a Group By Function by dragging and dropping fields.
Semi-Monthly Payroll Calendar Enhancement
Additional options are available while configuring a semi-monthly payroll calendar by employers to generate a calendar with two pay dates on two fixed dates of the month (For example: The 15th and the last day of the month). Apart from this new change, as per the existing functionality, the calendar can be generated where the difference between pay period end date and pay date always remains fixed. Overall, four (4) methods of determining semi-monthly pay periods are available now in the payroll calendar feature.
- X Days Before Pay Date
- X Days After Pay Date
- Fixed Day Before Pay Date
- Fixed Day After Pay Date
Prior Payroll History
Existing clients who joined UZIO payroll in the middle of the calendar year can now access prior payroll after this data is uploaded, in case this information needs to be referred to later on. Employers can now also review and modify the prior payroll after the payroll set up is completed, but payroll has not been processed yet.
The prior payroll pay stubs will also be shown under Payroll History.
Previous payrolls will appear as "Prior" if they were not run in UZIO
New Payroll Report
UZIO has introduced the following payroll report:
Prior Payroll Register Report: For easier viewing, prior payroll per employee can be downloaded into an excel formatted file.
Payroll Report Enhancements
The following reports have been enhanced with some new features:
Payroll Summary Report (formerly named Group Summary Report): The Group Summary Report has been renamed to Payroll Summary Report. More input options have been provided to user to:
- Select the payroll components they want to see in the report.
- Select one or more of Month to Date, Quarter to Date, or Year to Date values for the selected components.
- Select whether to include void and adjustment payrolls in the report output.
The report layout has also been improved
- “Employee Data” and “Group to Date” have been added in separate tabs.
- MTD/QTD/YTD values of hours have been added for time-based earnings.
- MTD/QTD/YTD values of taxable wages have been added for employee and employer taxes.
Payroll Register (PDF): Employee date of birth has been masked. The employee date of birth will now appear in MM/DD/XXXX format.
Payroll Allocation Report: A filter option has been added which allows users to select whether to include Void or Adjustment payroll data in the report output.
Note: for any corrections or reversal in the already processed paycheck, the company payroll admin must reach out to their UZIO Payroll contact.
Miscellaneous Payroll Improvements
- Payroll Workflow Usability: Previously, changes to payroll setup were not allowed after payroll had been initiated. These restrictions have been relaxed, allowing for easier first time payroll processing.
- Employer Tax Liabilities: The taxes that are an employer’s responsibility to pay are going to be explicitly listed under the “Your Liabilities” section on the payroll summary page. Previously, these taxes were located in the other deductions in the “Your Liabilities” section.
- Spousal Alimony: A new garnishment has been added in the UZIO Payroll system. The system will calculate the garnishment if set up for the employee but UZIO will not withhold this amount to pay to the agencies. This will be the employer’s responsibility to make these payments.
UZIO General Enhancements
Company Master Data List
A new section has been created to store a master list of departments and job titles for an employer.
When adding a new employer to the system, brokers can set up specific departments and job titles used by the employer. These values will then be available as drop-down selections when adding a new employee. For existing clients, the Company Master can be accessed from the Company Profile page. This feature will allow groups to have consistent data by having a list of departments and job titles to choose from.
Company Master can be accessed on the Company Information page
Departments and Job Titles are stored here