Here are the latest product enhancements mainly related to Payroll that have been introduced in our May 2023 release. If you have any questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read about our previous major release from April, click here.
UZIO Payroll Enhancements
Daily Pay Frequency Payroll
Daily Pay Frequency payroll, a practice where employees are paid on a daily basis for their work completed on that day or the previous day. While less common than other pay frequencies, it has specific applications. For example, in the restaurant industry or a retail store, it is used for distributing tips.
Uzio now offers Daily Pay Frequency payroll under Special Payroll to same day or next day payout with this Daily pay frequency. Note that additional charges and wiring of funds may apply for same day or next day deposits. For more information, contact the UZIO support at email@example.com.
To run a Daily Pay Frequency payroll:
- Initiate a Special Payroll and select "Daily" from the drop-down menu.
- The system defaults to the current date as the pay date, adjusting for weekends or holidays. Contact the UZIO support for wire transfer requirements for same-day or next business day pay dates and additional charges.
- Select Pay Period and Pay Date.
- Deductions and contributions won't automatically sync, but users can enter One-Time Deductions and Contributions directly from the payroll grid if you apply deductions or contributions as YES and click continue.
- The payroll grid displays all active employees for the selected pay period.
- Choose employees, enter or upload wages, and manually enter deductions and contributions if applicable.
- After processing, taxes are calculated based on the Daily pay frequency.
rapid! PayCard Integration
Pay Cards are increasingly becoming the preferred method of salary disbursement for employees in SMBs due to their widespread adoption and convenience. With this in mind, we are pleased to announce a new feature in UZIO that significantly enhances the Pay card registration for employers and their employees. In this product update, we have introduced an integration with rapid! PayCard, providing employers with a streamlined and efficient pay card registration system eliminates the need for manual registration, saving time and effort.
Here are some key points to note about this integration:
- A new Account Type “rapid! PayCard” has been added in the Direct Deposit option of the Employee Payment Method screen.
- When selecting this option, the routing number will be populated automatically. The employee or admin will need to enter the 10-digit card number in the Account Number field. This account number will be present on the rapid pay card kit received by the employee. Upon clicking Save, the employee and card details will be sent to rapid pay card for registration. To enable this integration to work, clients are required to sign up with rapid pay card. During sign up, the details shared by Rapid will need to be set up in UZIO.
- On successful registration, the card details will be saved, and employee Wages/Tips will be set up to be deposited in the card via ACH process.
- Furthermore, any updates made to the employee demographic details, will be automatically updated on the rapid! PayCard portal.
Payroll Import for Special Payroll
In this product update, we have implemented the Payroll Import feature for Special Payroll, acknowledging the high demand and frequent usage of this functionality by our clients. This enhancement streamlines the Special Payroll process, providing users with an easier and convenient experience. The Payroll Import feature for Special Payroll operates in the same way as it does for Regular pay runs, ensuring a consistent and familiar process.
An icon has been added to the Special Payroll grid, allowing users to download the upload template. Just like in regular payroll, the template will include all the employees listed in the grid, along with their hours and wages. Users can select or deselect employees, as well as make changes to their hours and wages. Upon uploading the template, the changes will be reflected in the Payroll grid to continue and finalize the payroll.