Here are the latest product enhancements UZIO has introduced in our February 2023 release. If you have any questions, please send us an email at email@example.com
Unpaid Time Off Hours Sync to Payroll
Like paid time off hours, approved unpaid time off hours will now be automatically synced to payroll. The regular hours of salaried employees will be adjusted accordingly. For example, a weekly salaried employee has a default of 40 hours. If this employee takes one day of paid leave and one day of unpaid leave in the pay week, then the system will adjust the regular hours to 24, with 8 hours of PTO earning and 8 hours of unpaid time off as well.
For hourly employees, there will be no automatic adjustment to regular hours, but the paid and unpaid time off hours will sync when processing the payroll.
To set up syncing of unpaid hours to payroll, you need to follow these steps:
- Ensure that there is a company-level unpaid time off earning set up.
- If an unpaid time off earning is already set up, stop using it.
- Create a new earning by selecting the earning type as "Unpaid Time Off." When adding a new unpaid time off earning, configure it to select the unpaid time off policies. Without this mapping between the unpaid time off earning and the unpaid time off policy, the system would not be able to sync hours to the payroll system. This process is similar to the PTO syncing that you may already have set up.
- Process payroll as usual, and the unpaid time off hours will start to sync automatically.
W-2 Download Through Mobile App
Previously, the W2 was accessible online through the web platform. As a result of this product update, employees will also be able to access their W2 through the UZIO’s mobile app, by clicking on the "W-2 Forms" link located in the "More" section.
The following list consists of applications that have been identified as untrusted from a security perspective for the UZIO platform. If you or your employees are using a device with any of the following operating systems and attempt to access the UZIO login page, you will be presented with a warning, such as an expired or untrusted certificate. Please refer to the screenshot given below.
- macOS < 10.12.1
- iOS < 10
- Mozilla Firefox < 50
- Ubuntu >= intrepid / 8.10
- Debian >= squeeze / 6 and < jessie /8
- NSS >= v3.11.9 and < 3.26
- Amazon FireOS (Silk Browser) (version range unknown)
- Cyanogen > v10 (version that added ISRG Root X1 unknown)
- Jolla Sailfish OS > v22.214.171.124 (version that added ISRG Root X1 unknown)
- Kindle > v3.4.1 (version that added ISRG Root X1 unknown)
- Blackberry >= 10.3.3 (version that added ISRG Root X1 unknown)
- Blackberry < v10.3.3
- Android < v2.3.6
- Windows XP prior to SP3
- Windows Live Mail (2012 mail client, not webmail)
However, if you acknowledge that “I understand the Risks”, you may be able to proceed to the login page.
Payroll Register Report
When the tax amount is calculated as $0 and has not been previously withheld in the calendar year, the payroll register report does not show the tax details, even when there are taxable wages of more than $0 for the tax. Although this situation is unlikely. However, it was identified as a problem with the payroll register report only, even though the payroll was processed correctly. With this product update, the defect has been fixed, and taxes with $0 and taxable wages of more than $0 will now show up on the payroll register going forward.
401(k) Employer Contribution
In a specific case, 401(k) employer contributions for employees were not calculated correctly due to the system defect. This was the minor defect which is fixed now.
Return from Break label is now End Break
With the product updates applied in Jan'2023, we added a geo-restriction feature to restrict users at the time of clocking in/out. Employers can turn this feature on or off using a setting. Due to this update, we also had to make a minor change in the behavior of break time. When employees take a break, they will need to end their break and then clock in again to start the time. The system will not automatically clock them in when they return from a break. Therefore, employees will see the button caption as "End Break" and then clock in again to start their work time.
Payroll Reports ran during payroll run were not available
The payroll manager was unable to view the generated output for payroll reports that were run during the payroll process due to a defect in the system. With this product update, the defect has been fixed.
Time off rounding issue
The employee was unable to apply for leave due to a rounding issue with their time off balance. This occurred when a 'Maximum Usage Limit' was defined in the time off policy. For such policies, the system was unable to accurately maintain the remaining balance available in the calendar year for the employee. As a result, employees were receiving errors on the portal when requesting leave, indicating that they were exceeding their available balance even when they were not exceeding the limit. This defect is now fixed.