As an employer, you are required to sign your employees’ pay checks. UZIO allows you to upload an image of your signature (otherwise known as an electronic signature or e-signature), which will be printed on your checks to your employees, to save you the time of manually signing each check. You can add your e-signature to either pre-printed or blank check stock.
To add an electronic signature to your printed checks
- Go to Check Signatory under Payroll > Payroll Setup
- Enter the check signatory’s name and job title. A check signatory is someone, usually an executive or Head of Finance, who is designated to sign check stubs of employees.
- Add Signature by either drawing a signature on the canvas or uploading an image of the signature.
- Click “Save.”
- Once the signature is saved, it will be printed on the check stubs.
- If there is no signature saved, the checks will be printed without signature
Adding Signature in the Check Signatory screen
Things to note while uploading an image
- The recommended size of the image file is up to 5MB.
- The following are acceptable file formats: . JPEG, .JPG, .PNG, and .BMP
- There are a few ways to create your image file:
- Sign a white piece of paper (preferably with black or blue ink) and take a picture.
- If you have a scanning app on your phone, you can take a picture with the app and save as an image. You can select white background in the app.
- You can also use apps that allow you to create a signature by signing on your phone and converting it to an image.
- When you upload your image file to UZIO, your image will be resized to fit a space on the check that is 250 pixels wide by 28 pixels high. You might be required to crop your image so there is no extra white space on the top or below your signature, otherwise, your image may appear too small on the check.
5. You must upload the image with the signature appearing horizontally, from left to right.
6. Your image will be placed above the signature line.
Sample check stub with printed signature