Manage Employees option helps the brokers and employers to add and manage employees. You can perform the following tasks:
- Add and/or Search Employees
- Resend Registration Link
- Manage employees’ Life Status Change Event(s).
- Terminate Employees
- Delete Employee Records
- Reset Enrollments
- Act on behalf of the Employee
- Download Compensation Statement
- Download Employee Census
1. If you are a Broker click the Manage Employees tile under Core Operations to open the Employees page. If you are an Employer click the Employees from the top menu.
2. Use icons on the page to perform actions as required.
- Filter Employees: Find employees based on criteria like Status, Class, Date of Hire, Department, Pay Type, Work Location, or the State of Residence.
- Search Employees: Search employees by Name, Job Title, and ID.
- Resend bulk registration link to employees: Resend registration link to all the employees together (in bulk) who have not yet registered on the portal. You can use this feature during mid-year enrollment once you are ready with the required details on the platform and want to share enrollment details with the employees.
- Add Employees: Upload bulk employee data spreadsheet or add manually for small data.
Refer the article Add Employees to Census for more details.
You can perform the following Actions on the Employees page:
- Resend Registration link: Resend registration link email to employees not yet registered on the portal. This will allow employees to access and register for the portal if they have lost their registration email. This action is enabled only after the package has been shared with the employees and/or the employee has not been registered on the portal.
- Manage life status change event(s): Click the icon to see the Life Status Change page. Select an event and date for the change. Make the necessary changes as applicable to you and your dependents. Click Initiate Change button to get back to the Employees page. Refer the article Manage Life Status Change (LSC) for more details.
- Reset enrollments: Use this action to reset enrollment in case of any personal or employment updates, or errors. In this case, the system will clear out any enrollments submitted for the current year, then create a 10-day enrollment window for an employee to enroll using their latest census data.
Example: Date of hire, Date of Birth, Class, Waiting Period, etc.
Note: It is important that you update the census to fix the errors before performing the reset action. Reset action can impact coverage eligibility and enrollment opportunity and the action will permanently delete any enrollment for that plan year.
Read the instructions on the Alert! page, fix errors and then proceed with the reset action. Updates in the census will refresh enrollment eligibility criteria.
Examples: ‘Reset’ Scenarios:
- Suppose you added an employee with an incorrect hire date. You defined the Waiting period based on the hire date and shared the enrollment details with the employee. Since the date of hire is incorrect, the waiting period for benefits will also be wrongly impacted. This is when you update the date of hire in the census and click the Reset option to clear all enrollment date and get new eligibility criteria. You can now add new enrollment details. You cannot delete the employee as the proposal is already shared with him/her.
- Suppose the employee class is incorrect, and the enrollment has been shared with the employee. Here, you need to correct the class structure for the employee first, and then click the Reset option. This will wipe off all the enrollment details for the employee. A notification is sent to the employee for fresh enrollment within the remaining OEP days (if the window is still open). If OEP is closed, s/he gets a new 10-day window for enrollment.
Act on behalf of the employee: You can impersonate employees to manage their actions. This is an administrative function where you can perform the employees’ tasks like completing or declining enrollment, or using the global menu to perform all actions, etc. You need to add your electronic signature to the system if you are completing actions on employees’ behalf.
Click Exit Workflow option to go back to the Broker portal.
- Download Compensation Statement: Download the compensation statement for details of an employee’s salary and employer-paid benefits.
Note: You will see the Download Compensation Statement icon only if you buy the premium feature Employee Compensation Statement under Marketplace Apps.
- Terminate employee: Terminate employees by adding their Termination Date and Reason for termination.
Note: All Action icons are disabled after you terminate an employee. You can only Update Termination Information using the respective icon.
- Delete: Use this action to delete an employee’s record. You can delete a terminated employee only. If the proposal has been shared with the employees or an employee is still listed as active, you cannot delete the record.
Note: If you are unable to delete an employee, reach out to your broker representative.